A 9-hole par-3 public course adjacent to the 9-hole Bayou Golf Course to the west of McMinnville, just off of Highway 99W. Holes range in yardage from 70 to 165. Except for some trees and bushes (in particular, on the 9th hole), the course is very open. The differing yardage and the small greens can make it difficult. But the openness of the course (there are no fairways, just a mono-cut) makes the course accepting of a wide variety of skill levels. The greens are very spotty (which is unfortunate, given how small they are). Several holes have elevation changes or carries over a fairway valley. Flat, compact and short; an easy walk. [Much of the information below is repeated in the description of Bayou Golf Course.]
Built in 1964.
Originally built by the White family as part of White Manor Retirement complex.
I Wish I Would Have Known Before I Played
The greens are very small (and some are very hard). The course is more exposed than the neighboring regulation 9-hole course: it can be much more windy on the Par 3. And there is no yardage on the tees. Make sure you have a scorecard.
Good For Them
They water by hand. In drought times, they only water tees and greens.
Its a good course for a wide variety of skill levels. The general openness of the course allows for new golfers to get around comfortably. The small greens make is a challenge for the experienced golfer. And it is moderately priced.
- Type: 9-hole, 3-par, public course
- Price: $
- Phone/webpage: (503)472-4651/www.bayougolfcourse.com
- Address: 9301 SW Bayou Drive, McMinnville, Oregon 97128
- Owner: Bayou Golf Course, Inc
- Designer: William Sander
- Pros: None
- Practice Facilities: Driving range with 4 mats (a bit short and beat up) and putting green
- Pro Shop: Minimal clothing and equipment
- Food: Snacks, soda, and beer; there is a large event space next door
- Bathrooms: Improved in clubhouse and porta potty on the course
- Yardage Markers: None
- Clothing: Be dressed (including a shirt)
- Walkable: Very
- Spikes: Soft
- Shoe Cleaning: Brush and air hose
- Rentals: All
- Seasonality: Open year-round
Submit your review