A 9-hole public executive course in Medford. Wedged between I-5 and Highway 99, it is a flat course with two par 4s (hole 9 is pretty short) and the rest par 3s. Lots of trees, a pond, and Bear Creek come into play. Poorly maintained, with spotty fairways (no or long grass of multiple types), beat up greens, and traps growing grass. They are taking steps to improve the course. Nice people and a laid-back atmosphere. Very flat and an easy walk.
Built in 1960.
Why It Is There
Not sure why it was built. Now it is a very inexpensive place to play that is pretty handy for the citizens of Medford.
I Wish I Would Have Known Before I Played
Front of the greens are very irregular. Don’t try to run the ball up.
Did You Know
Verne Perry Jr., former owner and pro, was a PGA Vice President.
They have a no-chemical buffer zone around Bear Creek.
Why Play This Course
With the practice facilities, it is a nice place to go if you are just starting the game.
- Type: 9-hole executive public course
- Price: $
- Phone/webpage: (541)773-1822/www.golfbearcreek.com
- Address: 2355 S. Pacific Highway, Medford, Oregon 97501
- Owner: I-5 Land Holdings, LLC (related to the Coquille Tribe)
- Designer: Shirley Stone
- Pros: None
- Practice Facilities: Covered driving range on mats with limited flight balls; chipping and putting area
- Pro Shop: Minimal, with some equipment and no clothes
- Food: Snacks, sodas, and beer with a patio next to driving range and putting green
- Bathrooms: Improved in pro shop, none on course
- Yardage Markers: Blue Spruce are 100 markers
- Clothing: Be dressed
- Walkable: Easy walk
- Spikes: Metal OK
- Shoe Cleaning: Brush and air hose
- Rentals: Pull carts and clubs
- Open all year
Submit your review