Brasada Canyons Golf Course is an 18-hole private ( but open to guests of the ranch) course northeast of Bend. Brasada Canyons Golf Course is very open, very attractive, and very well maintained with beautiful views of the Cascades. Although open, there are many places where you can get into trouble with the encroaching desert and well-positioned traps. Forward tees provide great benefit for better distance and angles. Holes are far apart and layout goes up and down; a cart is suggested.
Built in 2007. Hosted Oregon Open in 2009 and 2016.
Why It Is There
Built as part of the Brasada Resort, developed by Jeld-Wen Companies.
I Wish I Would Have Known Before I Played
Greens are in great condition and look like they have many breaks. But don’t over-read breaks. In general, putts break towards Bend. Uphill putts are generally straight.
Did You Know
The trellis after the 18th hole was added as part of the development. Also, when it opened, it was the longest course in Central Oregon. The 15th hole was named in 2017 by the OGA as one of the most interesting holes in Oregon.
Water application is controlled by a system that automatically shuts off when it rains. The course has placed several bird houses on the course to encourage bird wildlife. The course annually hosts a tournament to support Toys For Tots that is open to the public.
Why Play This Course
It is a very attractive course, with spectacular views and interesting holes, that is very well maintained (and the resort is very nice).
- Type: 18-hole private course (open to members and resort guests)
- Price: $$$$
- Phone/webpage: (866)373-4882/www.brasada.com
- Address: 16976 SW Brasada Ranch Road, Powell Butte, Oregon 97753
- Owner: Brasada Ranch Development, LLC
- Designer: Peter Jacobson and Jim Hardy
- Pros: Kyle Johnson (PGA)
- Practice Facilities: Beautiful grass driving range, chipping area, sand area, and practice greens
- Pro Shop: Good-sized, with clothing and some equipment
- Food: There is a restaurant in the resort and a food shed adjacent to the pro shop with sandwiches (including a “burger dog”), snacks, soda, and beer; a nice patio overlooks the practice area
- Bathrooms: Improved in clubhouse and on course
- Yardage Markers: Yardage books in pro shop; periodic in-ground yardage markers; pin sheets provided in the carts
- Clothing: Collared shirts
- Walkable: Hilly, with some distance between holes; best to take a cart
- Spikes: Soft
- Shoe Cleaning: Air brushes
- Rental: All
- Closed in winter
Submit your review